Since Hellgate I've had no real focus to my training. I've just been enjoying running with friends and simply having fun. Last year I took some time to recharge the batteries and it did wonders for me so I decided this will definitely be an annual occurrence. I think for me personally it provides a time for the body to heal and more importantly the mind. All that being said I have been running. ;-) I have even recently logged (more like chasing him) a few miles on The Priest and Three Ridges with the one and only Clark Zealand. Folks he’s making a comeback. Below are a few things that excite me about the year.
• Being healthy! I haven’t truly been completely healthy in two years but as of right now that is the case. I been able to run without a foot pain the last couple months….woohooo!
• Running my first 100 miler. Horty tells me I’m not a real ultra-runner until I’ve run a 100 miler. I’d planned to do one last year but the thought of running 100 miles with my foot killing me from the beginning didn’t appeal to me. Or as Horty would say I’m just a big wimp.
• I’m totally stoked to be part of the new running team TheAidStation.com. This switch of teams will provide me the opportunity to try a bunch of different shoes. Inov-8 was very good to me the past 2 years but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I was a little bummed to not be able to try some of the new shoes on the market. More to come on this later…
• CZ getting in shape. Clark has another gear when truly in shape. Of course this means I’ll be suffering on some runs but I’ve been trying to get in as many licks as possible the past couple of weeks.
• Horton competing in the Ride the Divide. I’m glad you’ve found a little adventure to chase this summer.
• My Buddy Adam Casseday with his wife Kadra crewing him will be running the entire length of the AT. I’m definitely planning to join him several times along his journey. Do you hear that Adam?
I’m sure there are lots more I could add to this list but for the sake of not boring anyone reading this I will spare you…plus I need to go for run. One last thing I’d like to mention I can’t wait for the Montrail Rogue Racer…..should have a pair on my feet by midweek at the latest. I think Montrail may have hit the nail squarely on the head with this shoe. If you’re equally as excited keep an eye on theaidstaion.com…..use the discount code MMG15 to receive %15 off anything storewide.
|Montail Rogue Racer|